Saturday, October 16, 2010

What is a Guest Blog? Click here to see mine.

I learned a new thing this week which is not surprising cuz I don't know much. There is this thing called a "guest blog" and it is a great way of getting free advertising. I signed up to do one like a long time ago and this week I got an email reminding me. Well, I actually had no idea what I was supposed to do. Did they call me? Did they email questions? Did I call them?

So here it is, you write a blurb and they post it on their webpage with a cover of your book. How cool is that? I applied the tricks you are supposed to apply when sending inquiries to agents/publishers only i kept in mind that I wanted people to actually buy the book. The main thing I tried to do was to give the reader of the blog some idea of how I write. I am sure it sucks, but I am a neurotic writer. The blog owner was beyond kind in adding a small bit about how her daughter couldn't put the book down like ever.

Guest blogs are proof that people out there are really awesome.

1 comment:

Catherine Olson said...

not one sale from the whole experience.